Saturday, March 20, 2010
Final signage models
Here is more information about your final signage model.
Please read the PDF that I've emailed about how to use Ponoko's making system. You do not have to use Ponoko, but from the research I have done, this is a very affordable way to make a great looking final model. The laser cutting system allows you to use the materials they provide (Acrylic, Wood, MDF, felt, leather, etc.) and cut the shapes you need, engrave vector and raster images, and gives many examples of how to design your piece so that you can assemble it as a 3D model.
Here are some other laser cutting services I've found, if you'd like to compare. And of course do your own research especially if you don't want to build your model this way and want to do it your self.
On Tuesday, March 30, you will need to turn in a proposal explaining your plan for making your final signage model.
Other local resources:
http://lightcarve.com/about/
http://www.lasertechatlanta.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment